..the quality of how we go about our business
Our business operates in a highly competitive environment. The majority of products that we sell are widely available through numerous trade and retail suppliers, both online and “real world”. Of course we make sure that we compete well on price, our shareholding status with the THS Tools Group helps with this. We wouldn’t have survived this long if our customers weren’t able to take that for granted, but where we have chosen to set our stall out, is in the quality of how we go about our business.
We invest heavily in the recruitment, training, and development of individuals who share our passion for this. We make good use of technology, enabling all of our people to stay ahead of what our customers expect from us. Each of our field based staff is equipped with an iPad linked directly to our back-office systems, with full access to product pricing, technical details, and account information. Our internal systems have been developed over many years by industry specialists OGL Software of Stourport-on-Severn. We employ rigorous business continuity systems, including a full disater revovery plan, utilising off-site contiuous backup in military grade server rooms. All of our systems are protected by high levels of encryption and physical firewalls.
We process data well, and this enables us to look for opportunities to offer our customers improvements. When we identify any potential for enhancing productivity for a customer, we will always bring this to their attention. This can be recommending new or improved production tooling, implementing technological advancements developed by our suppliers, or simply streamlining inventory control. We believe strongly in working in partnership with our customers, to bring about the most efficient supply chain solution possible. We view our role in this as bringing together solution providers to enable our customers to gain maximum competitive advantage, through their association with us. Our quality assurance system has this ethic at its core. We can bring value to our customers by working hard to help them benefit from knowledge that we gain through our interactions with our suppliers.
Our Quality Policy
G E Tools Ltd is involved in the sourcing and distribution of tools, workplace equipment, PPE and safety supplies, welding equipment, clothing, and consumable products. Their associated business administration and has a vision to be synonymous with professionalism and innovation together with faultless and safe order delivery in every operational area.
- Satisfying applicable requirements by ensuring that customer and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements are determined, understood and consistently met.
- Continual improvement of the QMS by ensuring the risks and opportunities that can affect conformity of products and services and the ability to enhance customer satisfaction are determined and addressed and the focus on enhancing customer satisfaction is maintained.
- Take accountability for the effectiveness of the QMS.
- Ensure the quality policy and quality objectives are established for the QMS and are compatible with the context and strategic direction of the Company. Quality objectives have been set and are maintain ed as part of the QMS internal auditing, monitoring and management review processes, in order to enhance customer satisfaction.
- Promote the use of a process approach and risk – based thinking.
- Ensure that the resources needed for the QMS are available ; including training, support and encouragement.
- Communicate the importance of effective quality management and of conforming to the QMS requirements.
- Ensuring that the QMS achieves its intended results.
- Engage, direct and support persons to contribute to the effectiveness of the QMS.
- Promote improvement.
- Support other relevant management roles to demonstrate their leadership as it applies to their areas of responsibility.
- Establish partnerships with suppliers and interested parties to provide an improved service.
Our quality management system is regularly audited. Since our ISO 9001 certificate was first issued in 2011, we are very proud of the fact that not one single non-conformance has been identified. We conduct regular internal audits of various elements of the system, and this has led to many improvements being identified and subsequently implemented. We hold regular Management Review meetings to ensure that the system remains fit for purpose, and adapts to take best advantage of emerging technologies. We encourage every member of the team to contribute to this process, and to listen carefully to customer feedback. We won’t implement change for the sake of change though, there has to be an added benefit for our customers.
If you are reading this page, there’s a good chance you’ll be looking for a copy of our ISO 9001 certificate. You’ll find it by clicking on the thumbnail to the left, or by following this link.